Tuesday, December 23, 2014

On My Way & Merry Christmas!!!



On My Way

On the one hand this photo feels a little off-centered, and it is. On the other, I love the lines from the waves to the sunset. I absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy it too. I took the picture with my phone's camera. The quality could be enhanced by a better lens; I'm so glad though to always have a 'decent' camera with me now, and can settle for an occasional sacrifice in quality as long as the beauty still enraptures my heart.




My family's first Thanksgiving Tree

Courtesy to my sister Emily for the idea/initiative, and to my niece also for her creative partnership in designing the tree.

Christmas is this week, though the theme of Thanksgiving carries over and I have so much to be grateful for, hence the Thanksgiving Tree. I'd just like to say that I am really grateful for my grandparents--my Mom's parents, and I guess more specifically her dad and step-mom. They are just the best. They bring me so much joy--ever since I was a young girl I have so many memories of barbecues, camping, boating, baptisms and other special days, recitals, concerts, chili, Christmas, bread and soup, hugs, candy, cards, so many cards, for every special day throughout the entire year, every year, every single year. That's kind of a big deal because who does that? My grandma does. I love them <3 I am so lucky to have them.

I am so lucky for my Mom that she knows what love is, and she has shared that with all of us; it's because of her too that I have all of these memories. It's easy to cut others off when the going gets hard; I am grateful that my mom still loves my family though--all of us, through the thick and the thin of it. Life is not perfect but it is sooo worth it. Relationships are not perfect, and sometimes they are so wrong in so many ways, but oh I am so grateful that my mom loves and that because of her I have so many wonderful memories of family throughout the years. Nothing can replace it.

And then of course there's my Dad. He is always there. Always. I am so grateful for him too, and for the priorities he has set in his life. It really is something.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and that whether or not you are with family that you can think fondly of the memories shared and look forward to many more to come.

Merry Christmas!