Monday, December 1, 2014

Road Trip Takes


I'll be opening up a new page for road trip pictures. I'm not one for taking pictures much, except for when I'm traveling. I don't know why. I just like to enjoy being with people, I suppose, and living in the moment. When I am with people I feel like having a phone or camera out is more of a distraction--unless taking pictures is a joint activity and is done more for comedic effect.

This picture was taken near the area of Battle Mountain, Nevada. I absolutely love these mountains! I love the folds! Maybe someday I'll draw or paint the image. Maybe :) It is so beautiful!

I won't always have the location of the pictures I post. That's something I'll have to work on. This just happens to be a lucky example, I suppose.

Have a wonderful Monday everybody! Good luck getting a great start to the week ahead of you!


Side Note:

The new page (to be created) is partly owing to all the other artists who have shared their pictures on social media pages. Pictures can really open your mind to a whole new world of beauty and wonder. I am grateful to the inviting artists I have come across who have captured the gift of life in its many different shapes and forms, and then opened their treasures to share it with the world. I have desired to give back for some time, in somewhat of a similarly personal way. Facebook collections just don't cut it for me. They're a bit impersonal for my tastes, so you won't find much there from me. I hope you enjoy the artwork, most of which will be unedited/unaltered by photoshop or other such programs, and I don't own a fancy shmancy camera so the quality won't exactly be pristine! I really just don't have the time or money for that kind of editing or work, and I believe that, when viewed in its best light, mother nature doesn't need that kind of editing to capture us with her beauty. I have seen some magnificent edits, though, and I do appreciate that form of artwork as well--especially when the photos are old or in decay, or need an improvement in lighting, etc., in order for its beauty to reveal itself :)