Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Valentines Day is coming up!



Mary's Ointment: Celebrating Friendship
John 12: 3-8


I've been fairly creative in the ways I've celebrated my friendships on Valentines' Day, often working off of a very tight student budget. However, if you have a little spending money and are planning something with your friends in SLC I recommend the Copper Onion for a gourmet burger or sandwich. My friend and I tried it out last weekend and wow! They did not disappoint! We sat at the bar to get a better look at the chef's work. It's amazing how the chefs kept the place bustling--just a few people behind the counter serving dozens of customers--really impressive! The staff is all very nice too. The lady working across from us engaged us in conversation toward the latter part of our visit, a moment or so after I thought about asking her how she likes the place. She said it was an honor (I think) to work there, and she's been with them seven months now. It opened about five years ago and if you haven't yet experienced its culinary pleasures, I highly recommend you do--maybe even as a Valentines treat to yourself and your friends :)

Have a great week everyone! Make the best of it! Don't forget to make plans to celebrate the upcoming holiday with the ones you love and/or care about <3 Even if it's just with notes (Valentines) as I've often done.


Pics from the Copper Onion visit:
the bar
nice decor--some good ol' American pride :)